The Cassian Two-Way cross country ski trail is located west of Rhinelander and can be accessed from multiple trailheads. The main trailhead is at 7578 County Highway K, but this entire trail can also be accessed from the Washburn Silent Ports Area if a longer route is desired. The 14.5 kilometers (9 miles) of trails are groomed for traditional tracked classic skiing to provide a round trip of 29 kilometers through remote county forests. The gently rolling terrain is designed to accommodate users with a wide range of skills. Of special note, the trail is a very social trail providing side by side skiing with friends. Dogs are allowed on the north section from the Beaver Lake Trailhead to the first road crossing (Sheep Ranch Road).
The Cassian Two-Way cross country ski trail is mowed periodically throughout the summer months for your hiking and biking pleasure, with the north end receiving the most attention. The trail is 9 miles in length, or 18 miles round trip, and is located west of Rhinelander and can be accessed from multiple trailheads, including from the main trailhead at the Washburn Silent Sports Area. Dogs are permitted when trails are not groomed for winter skiing.
- South Trailhead – 7578 County Highway K, Rhinelander, WI 54501
- Middle trail access – 7642 Timber Lake Rd. crossing (limited Parking)
- North Trailhead – 5332 Beaver Lake Rd. Rhinelander, WI 54501
- Google Maps Link
- Oneida County Forestry Map Link
- Classic Skiing
- Dogs permitted on the north end of the trail.
- Oneida County Trail pass required $5 per day/ $25 annual